真經考題

含動名詞之句型(二)

202011301644190.jpg
 

含動名詞之句型(二)

 

cannot help + V-ing ...
說明︰此句型意為“不得…,不禁…”。這裡的 help 作“抗拒”或“避免”解,此時一定要用動名詞作受詞。
1. He cannot help loving Mary because of her beauty.
因為瑪麗長得美,他不禁愛上她。
2. Whenever I hear the story, I cannot help crying.
每次我聽這故事,就忍不住要哭。
3. After learning of his sufferings, I couldn’t help sympathizing with him.
得知他痛苦的遭遇後,我忍不住同情他。
4. I cannot help laughing.
我忍不住笑出來。
5. I cannot help being poor.
我是窮,可是沒有辦法呀!
6. I cannot help wondering about that girl.
我不免對那個女孩感到驚奇。
7. I cannot help worrying to hear that there is no steamer this week.
我聽到本周沒有船的消息,禁不住擔憂起來。

There is no + V-ing ...
說明︰此句型意為“做…是不可能的”。等於“It is impossible to+原形動詞。
1. There is no accounting for tastes.
人各有所好。
2. There was no telling what the next assignment would be.
不曉得下一個任務將是什麼。
3. There is no reasoning with such a stubborn man as Peter.
跟彼得這種固執的人講理簡直是不可能的事。
4. There is no denying that Taiwan is a beautiful island.
台灣是座美麗的島嶼,這是不可否認的。
5. There is no describing the beauty of the scene.
誰都無法形容這景色的美麗。
6. There is no typing up this letter within five minutes.
不可能在五分鐘內打完這封信。