be / get / become + used to + Ving 習慣….
I am used to speaking French. 我習慣說法文。
Eventually you’ll get used to speaking in public. 最終,您會習慣於在公共場合講話。
be busy + Ving 忙著…
I have been busy decoring my house. 我一直在忙於裝修房屋。
Tanya is busy arranging the files in the cabinet. Tanya忙於整理文件櫃中的文件。
be worth + Ving 值得…
This movie is worth seeing. 這部電影值得一看。
This solution is worth trying. 此解決方案值得嘗試。
can’t help + Ving 忍不住….
I can’t help looking at the street performer. 我不禁看著街頭藝人。
The audience couldn’t help laughing. 觀眾忍不住大笑。
feel like + Ving 想要….
I feel like having a good cup of coffee. 我想喝杯咖啡。
My son is so naughty that I feel like punishing him. 我的兒子很頑皮,我想懲罰他。
have trouble / difficulty / a hard time + Ving ….有困難
I have trouble putting these files back on the shelf. 我無法將這些文件放回架子上。
I have difficulty expressing my ideas in English. 我很難用英語表達自己的想法。
It is no use + Ving …是沒有用的
It is no use crying over spilt milk. 覆水難收。
It is no use complaining about your job. 抱怨自己的工作沒有用。
need / want / require + Ving 需要…
My car needs washing. 我的車需要清洗。
My house needs remodeling. 我的房子需要改建。
prevent / keep / stop + O + from + Ving 使…無法….
Taking a good rest can prevent you from catching a cold. 好好休息可以預防感冒。
The teacher stopped us from playing online games during the class. 老師禁止我們在上課期間玩線上遊戲。
spend + 時間/金錢 + Ving 花時間…
I spent five hours finding this album. 我花了五個小時找到這張專輯。
she spent NT$3000 changing her hairstyle. 她花了新台幣3000元換了髮型。
There is no Ving …是不可能的
There is no denying that health is the most important. 不可否認,健康是最重要的。
There is no knowing what the president will say. 不知道總統會說些什麼。